BIG CHANGES in the "Tag! You're It!" State of Kansas educational license tag program February 2013!
Fort Hays Tigers can show everyone on the road not just where they are from, but where their heart is, by purchasing an official state of Kansas Tiger tag! And now, the process will be easier than ever before with two quick options!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All Fort Hays State University Tiger
alumni, students, parents, fans and friends who are Kansas residents are
eligible to apply. If you own or lease a passenger vehicle or truck,
or if the vehicle has a gross weight of 12,000, 16,000 or 20,000 pounds,
you qualify for a Tiger Tag. This program provides one plate per
HOW DO I PURCHASE A TAG?
1. New tags can be purchased in your county treasurer office or online at KS Web Tags. Pay the $30.00 Tiger license tag royalty payment (tax-deductible), a one-time special plate issuance fee of $45.50, and a registration fee, plus all other applicable taxes and fees directly to YOUR county treasurer's office. A certificate from the Alumni Association is no longer required for purchase of the university license plate.
2. Pay the $30.00 Tiger license tag royalty payment to our office online or via check, and we will send you a voucher indicating your payment received towards the university license tag program. Take the voucher to your county treasurer's office to complete the registration process.
HOW DO I RENEW A TAG?
Tag renewals will be handled directly in your treasurer's office.
HOW DO I TRANSFER MY CURRENT TAG FROM ONE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER?
- You will receive your annual tags & taxes statement from the State of Kansas.
- Included in the statement will be your $30 donation to the FHSU Alumni Association for being a FHSU plate holder.
- Only one payment transaction will be needed when paying your statement (FHSU Alumni Association donation and tags/taxes all in one).
- Renewal will now be done directly in the treasurer’s office, online via KS Web Tags, or by mail.
- No FHSU certificate will be needed.
- Once you have renewed your tag and made your $30 donation with the county treasurer, your tax-deductible statement will be mailed by the FHSU Alumni Association after 90 days of the transaction.
Transfers can be done directly in the treasurer’s office.
HOW TO GIVE A TAG AS A GIFT?
If you’d like to give a plate as a gift, please contact the FHSU Alumni Association at 785-628-4430, toll-free at 1-888-351-3591, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist with this process.
HOW CAN I GET A "FREE" TAG?
A FREE Tiger license plate is
available for those who hold Gold, Diamond, and Platinum alumni
memberships, who are Kansas residents, and who donate a minimum of $75
per year to the FHSU Foundation’s unrestricted or general scholarship
fund. If interested or have questions regarding eligibility, contact the Alumni Office.
WHAT IS THE $30 USED FOR?
The $30 annual donation paid to the FHSU Alumni Association is tax-deductible. This donation, minus a small administrative fee, will be added to the FHSU's alumni generational scholarship fund and programs in recognition of student achievements.
WHAT IF I HAVE ALREADY RENEWED BY TAG FOR THIS YEAR?
You will be eligible to immediately switch from your current tag to the Tiger tag for a minimal fee aside from the $45.50 special plate fee.
CAN I CHOOSE MY TAG NUMBER?
Tag numbers are consecutive numbers issued at random. The state of Kansas does not allow education license plates to be personalized or put on motorcycles.
Order Online through the Alumni Office
Downloadable Order Form